Considering that the Eagles just won the NFC Championship and are going to the Super Bowl, I figured it was time for something even more improbable: new pix! Yes, after more than a year, we're finally putting up pictures here. Chrystyne's fault. She's taken so many with her new digital camera that the hard drive will collapse if we don't upload some (not true). Of course, it's all in the Photo Section.
Speaking of Chrystyne, she has gone positively berserk on the art scale. Not only has she sold a decent amount of prints through deviantART, but she's actually got her first exhibition of her work. I'll wait for the applause to die down...that's better. It's in July at a local library, so it's not exactly The Met, but it's a start!
Elsewhere, the girls are terrific. Lara is just eating school up. Elana just learned to ride a bicycle without training wheels. I think we're going to have to get Lara a bike with training wheels before her next birthday so she can at least attempt to keep up. Elana learned today the Dark Side of trying tricks on her bike. Wipeout City, but she's okay.
My latest obsession is City of Heroin, er, Heroes. Scott's fault for letting me make a hero and play it at his house. Now I'm hopelessly hooked and will hopefully be getting some serious therapy from Chrystyne .
Welcome to the Photo Section. The photo at right is us November 2004. Needed a new family shot for Lara's school, and thus if found its way here. Anyway, below is a suite of good pictures, silly pictures, or any other pictures we decided to inflict upon you . Be warned that since Chrystyne got her new camera the pix we're putting here are much bigger than the old ones.
- Elana (665 KB) and Lara (830 KB) thrilled at riding horses at their cousin Marlee's birthday party. January 2005. Lara could barely see under that helmet.
- Both girls as artists (190 KB) at Wannado City. December 2004.
- Elana as a firefighter (172 KB) at Wannado City. December 2004.
- All of us at Cheeburger Cheeburger (386 KB). December 2004.
- Flower Girls (451 KB) at Chrystyne's sister Kathy's wedding. March 2004.
- The Goons (49 KB) and The Goons Pretending To Be In The Matrix (48 KB). Halloween 2003. That's Shred as The Evil Priest, Julio as The Surgeon, and yours truly as The Viking.
- The girls on the beach (40 KB). This is looking toward the hotel in Estero, FL. Late July 2003.
- The girls with sand castles (34 KB). This is looking out over the Gulf of Mexico from the same beach as the previous image.
- The girls hugging (36 KB). They love each other to pieces.
- The girls in paper (42 KB). Finally got around to using the shredder we bought.
- Elana and "Spot," a butterfly she caught (34 KB). The last picture from out digital camera which has decided not to speak with our PC anymore.
- Elana pushing Lara on a swing (42 KB). July 2003.
- Everyone but Shred at Shred's daughter Julia's birthday party (57 KB). Lilo & Stitch theme, you see, so we're in Hawaiian duds.
- Shred with that hat and Ian at the same party (57 KB). Colors really came out great on this shot.
- Elana and I in our shades, again at that party (30 KB).
- Elana and Lara smiling (26 KB). May 2003.
- Lara with desserts (39 KB). May 2003. I tell you, Lara may be devastating when she's older, but, now that she's in the terrible twos, I'm already starting to feel sorry for any men in her life 8-).
- Elana and I at Man In My Life Night (33 KB), February 2003. We didn't expect to buy the "formal" pix they take, but this one came out so well that we had too.
- The girls on a tricycle (21 KB). Boy they're gorgeous! November 2002.
- Close-up of Lara as Zowie (25 KB). Going through a "stick out my tongue" phase 8-). Halloween 2002.
- Lara and Elana posing with the jack-o-lantern Chrystyne carved (28 KB). You can't tell from the pic, but that's a haunted house on the pumpkin. October 2002.
- Just Elana with the jack-o-lantern (25 KB), hamming it up.
- Ian and the work crew on Halloween 2002 (36 KB). That's Shred as Jack Skellington.
- Elana and Chrystyne at "Woman I Love Night" (23 KB) from her school.
- Pictures from Lara's first birthday party.
- The girls playing with Elana's doll house (34 KB).
- Lara walking (20 KB). February 2002.
- Elana and I at "Man in My Life Night" (32 KB) from her
school. She really loved the Shaving Station.
- Lara standing by the TV (24 KB). That's one of her
favorite spots. Of course, she's since broken the TV blocker she's holding on to here.... January 2002.
- Both girls in the bathtub (22 KB). Lara is chewing on one
of the bathtub letters.
- Elana with two of her teddy bears (22 KB).
- A very excited Lara (23 KB) in her costume for her first Halloween.
- Elana, Lara and myself (21 KB) for Halloween 2001. Chrystyne made Elana's costume
- A portrait of Lara (25 KB) at five months old. She, like her sister, is very
- Lara (21 KB) and
Elana (22 KB), beginning of August 2001.
- Elana and Lara, end of June 2001 (29 KB).
- All of us for Halloween 2000 (32 KB). I'm dressed as the Necromancer from Diablo II (Chrystyne gets all the credit since she made the costume and did the makeup), Elana is Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz (complete with ruby slippers), and Chrystyne is Catherine from Riven.
- Elana at 18 months (40 KB). She's going to be tall.
- All of us for Halloween 1999 (23 KB), plus Death (Shred)
and Kenny from South Park (Ken).
- Elana on her 1st birthday (51 KB)
- Ian, Elana and Chrystyne out to dinner (16 KB). August 1999.
- Elana at three months (21 KB), possibly the best
picture I've ever taken.
- A silly picture from the 1998 Tropic Hunt (55 KB) of my brother
Scott and I. The dressing almost alike was a complete,
and annoying, accident. And, no, we're not talking to each other! I'm on the left.
- All of us for Halloween 1998 (35 KB), it's Babylon 5
- Us at the
1997 Tropic Hunt (24 KB). This is from the
Tropic Hunt Archive
put together by my friend Andy Wenzel,
AKA "Shred". Ask him about his tie 8-).
- Ian and Chrystyne at our 1994 wedding (15 KB)
- Ian and Chrystyne for Halloween 1991 (11 KB) at Medieval
- An X-ray of Ian's hand (5 KB) after I dislocated my ring
finger in July 1990. Notice the "discontinuity" on that finger. A lot of people think it's gross.
I probably would too, if it weren't my hand.
||Last update: 23 Jan 2005